Monday, June 8, 2009

ARE U A MALINGERER????????????


"Malingering" a term that striked me in my degree classes itself.India govt has increased the pension for disabled/challenged(latest term)from 400/mth to 1000/mth.Is it really a big amount.should a person malinger to get 1000rs/mth.but the new statistics of people coming to our clinics for disability certificate really shows its a big amount.
I have developed a police eye specially to catch the so called malingerers .

"kivi kelstayila madam"(cannot hear)

My special eye becomes active .Most of the time they are adults.Our usual strategy is clapping from a side of person without his knowldge n he will respond which we are trained to observe and record.
what happens is many time innocent people also becomes our targets.once a woman came .she was told by her parents not to utter a word n she was doing so although involuntarily she committed certain mistakes.I took her to the supervisor with the findings that she s malingering.I made her parents stand outside and when made her talk she could talk nicely.I was happy with my findings.But then i realised she doesnt have that basic intelligence to malinger when her parents were out of room.
Another day one lady of about 3oyrs with her father came.I asked her to name a pen showing it.she said
"nanage gottilla"(i dont know)
she was answering in full sentences but wont name things in the fear of losing certificate

But today something else happened ,I was cheated by a 8yr old.He was not responding to me and his behaviors were so natural that i didnt have any suspicion.I concluded that he is disabled ,probably eligible for certificate.When i was about to leave i heard some boy screaming and talking to his mother clearly.I couldnt believe it was he who was pretending before me for almost an hour.
but my police eye......
Children are more intelligent and he was well trained...seeing me he shut his mouth as if nothing has happened.....
He was a perfect malingerer
still why they are taking this risk:may be Iooo rs can solve their problem
may be******

6 comments:

deeps said...

i thought u were in kerala!!
so kannada fully kotha?

that word reminds me of a sri lankan cricker player!!!
anyway a new term to me ..

may b in ur eyes he noticed some innocense!!

Anonymous said...

Appu dear, In the audio department we have deviced new strategies..It is being said that some patients visit the library and read the chapter 'pseudo hypacusis' before coming to clinics!
We turn out to be really funny with them..
I know how to scream at them in kannada...!!!!:-)
Anyway nice post!

Amal Bose said...

its sometimes hard to detect liars.. but i think with more experience i think it can be improved
nice post :)

Aparna V.S said...

deeps i m frm kerala but nw in mysore.kannada swalpa gothu:)

Aparna V.S said...

hasna audio atleast we can scare them telling about our objective tests,speech tat cant be done n tats the problem.Reading books and cuming means they are hifi malingeres.let people be aware about audiology tis way:)


@amal thanx for the comments.hope i get more malingerers to build up my experience.:)

Nitin Mahajan said...

kids are smart enough to fool anyone if they want to. :) but i like the way you try to spot the malingerers. :)